Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Creamy Salsa Chicken

1 1/2 lb. frozen chicken breasts, bonless and skinless
1 15 oz. can of yellow corn, drained
1 15 oz. black beans, drained
16 oz. jar of salsa
8 oz. block of FF cream cheese

Put frozen chicken breasts in crock pot; cover with corn, black beans, and salsa. Cook on high 4-5 hrs or until chicken is cooked through. Place block of cream cheese on top and cook for an additional 1/2 hour. Done. Servings 6.

Notes: I typed the recipe as the orig. recipe is written. I got 5 generous servings instead of 6. I used light cream cheese instead of FF. I used medium salsa, but will use HOT next time. I also plan on using some spices the next time I make this meal. There are no mentions of spices in the orig. recipe, so add whatever spices you like. I really think it would be good over rice!


Before....


After....

No comments: