Saturday, January 23, 2010

So excited!!!

Tonight's basketball game was great. We didn't win, but it was a benefit game so it's all good. The game was in honor of a Durham Police officer who was killed in the line of duty, and to raise money for some officers who are doing a bike ride from VA to Washington D.C. for the officer's memorial weekend. I think a lot of money was raised but we don't have a final tally yet. Why am I so excited???? They also had a silent auction and my hubby won us tickets to see DUKE play @ Cameron!!! I love that place, and it's SOOOOO hard to get tickets!


A pic of the team....

At the game foods: a few palm fulls of popcorn, a hotdog with cheese and chili, and one bite of a cake.


Thin Blue Line Cake (for law enforcement) Great idea. I hate I never thought of this one myself! Gonna steal the idea though, and give it to the Ladies Auxiliary!!

3 comments:

waymom said...

Only one bite of cake?!?! I don't think I could have done that, it woulda been all or nothing for me :) That is a great idea, I might have to steal the cake idea too. Glad you guys had a fun night!

Connie B said...

Heather, it's usually that way for me too, but Ricky bought the slice of cake for himself NOT for me, so he gave me a bite, lol.

Connie B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.